California Privacy Notice
What is Personal Information and what does our Company collect?
For this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated, de-identified or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
To provide our Services, we must process some information about you, including Personal Information.
Information You Provide
- Your Account Information. You provide your mobile phone number to create a user account. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile name, email address and status messages.
- Your Messages. Your messages are stored on your own device. If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if you are offline), we may keep it on our servers for up to 24 hours as we try to deliver it. If a message is still undelivered after 24 hours, we delete it.
- Your Connections. You can create, join, or get added to groups, broadcast, or call lists.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, IP address, model of your phone, including copies of your messages relevant to the matter, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support.
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services), log files, and reports.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information, and device identifiers. We also collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes.
- Status Information. We collect information about your online and status message changes on our Services, such as whether you are online (your “online status”), when you last used our Services (your “last seen status”), and when you last updated your status message.
Other Sources of Information
- Information Others Provide About You. We may receive information about you from other users of our Services, such as if they refer our Services to you or invite you to our Services
- Affiliate or partner companies. We may also receive information from the affiliate or partner companies to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
What is Personal Information and what does our Company collect?
How is Personal Information shared?
You share the information you provide as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share each category of your Personal Information for business purposes to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
Affiliate or partner companies. The affiliate or partner companies may use the information we share with them to help operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services and their offerings. This includes helping improve infrastructure and delivery systems, understanding how our Services or theirs are used, securing systems, and fighting spam, abuse, or infringement activities. The affiliate or partner companies also may use information from us to improve your experiences within their services such as making product suggestions (for example, of friends or connections, or of interesting content) and showing relevant offers and ads.
Legal Process Requests. We may share your information with law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests.
How can you exercise your rights under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we have collected about you during the past 12 months and information about our data practices. You also have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
For iPhone users, you can learn how to access, manage, and delete your Personal Information by checking out our iPhone FAQs. For Android, you can learn how to access, manage, and delete your Personal Information through our Android FAQs.
To request manual access or deletion of your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For requests sent via email, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email. We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or not sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Please note, for all requests, you will need to verify your identity by providing us with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your phone model (for example, iPhone 8 or Samsung Galaxy S10)
- The software version of your phone's operating system
- Whether you are a California consumer pursuant to Cal. Civ. Code Sec. 1798.140(g)
If you would like to know the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you, or to delete your Personal Information, you will need to provide the following additional information to verify your identity:
- A phone bill or similar proof of ownership of such number
We will not be able to respond to your request unless you provide us with all of the above information. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a manual request on your behalf. If you decide to use an authorized agent, please also include written permission that you have designated that agent to make this request, or proof of the agent’s power of attorney. We may also follow-up with you to verify your identity before processing your authorized agent’s request.
Lastly, you have the right to be free from any discrimination for exercising your rights to access or delete your Personal Information. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us email@example.com